Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dratch's Garage

Here are some photos of my current project. It is a 1/10 scale rc rock crawler. The truck started as a HPI Wheely King, I have extended the wheelbase, reversed the chassis( for better weight balance) and am currently working on the body. I am making a bed and under body from sheet aluminum and will soon build a scale chassis/tube frame for it. If you click on the photos it will take you to my web album for this project.


This is the paint about half way through the paint job. The body is clear lexan.I masked the windows, grill and fenders and it was ready for paint. I painted the inside with Parma Beige and used a q-tip to wipe the paint off the high spots and side panels, once I had a well worn look to the "primer" I took off the grill masking and sprayed the whole inside with Parma Faspearl Silver. With the fenders unmasked I sprayed the whole inside with Fasblack. The next step is to lay down a few coats of Pactra Competition Orange on the outside, paint the roof white, and the fenders flat black then beat the hell out of it. Once it gets some good scratches and wear spots on it the worn primer and bare metal will show through the damaged areas.

Here are some photos of the parts I am fabricating. Clicking on the photos will take you to full sized images.

The bed

Steering servo mount

Floor Pan/Under body

No comments: