Friday, July 25, 2008

Bronco Crawling, Sheep Cave

I took my WK Bronco with me camping this weekend and had a chance to drive it at Meremac State Park. I only got to drive it through one battery pack but I had a blast! I will definitely be putting some new shoes on it, the stock tires are great for mud but when it comes to crawling they don't have what it takes. I will also be upgrading to stronger shocks, you'll see why in the pics.

First up I have a short video, it is short because I broke a rear lock-out about 5 mins into the battery pack. The lock outs keep the rear wheels parallel. Near the end of the video the passenger side rear wheel starts turning... which makes it hard to go straight.



I fixed the lock out and ran it until I destroyed the rear end... Here are pictures of the carnage.
















All in all I had a lot of fun, I have put it back together and the body is mounted with velcro now. While I save for shocks and tires I will be working on the interior and bed. I am also going to make a roll cage from steel brake line tubing.

STAY TUNED!!!

No comments: